500g pork steaks
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tbsp vegetable oil
300ml vegetable stock
200ml apple juice
1 tsp dried sage
1 large apple, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
2. In a medium-sized oven-proof pan, brown pork and onions in oil.
3. Sift in flour and cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Add stock, apple juice, sage and bring to the boil.
5. Transfer to the oven and cook for 1 hour.
6. Add the sliced apples and cider and cook for a further 30 minutes.
Prep time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Dr Wynnie Chan