Deliciously easy pancakes filled with creamy asparagus hollandaise
150g plain flour
2 large eggs
300ml half-fat milk or unsweetened soya milk
2 tbsp melted butter or vegetable oil, plus extra for frying
For the asparagus hollandaise:
180g fresh hollandaise sauce
10g chopped fresh tarragon
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. For the pancakes, sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Add the eggs and about half the milk and whisk to a thick paste. Whisk in the remaining milk and 150ml water to give a smooth batter.
2. Heat ½ tsp melted butter or oil in a non-stick frying pan (base about 18cm/7in diameter) over a medium heat. Pour in 4 tbsp batter and swirl it to give a thin, even cover. Cook until the edges are browned. Carefully turn with a fish slice, or flip it! Cook the other side until browned.
3. Repeat with the remaining batter. Stack on a plate interleaved with greaseproof paper. Place the plate over a pan of simmering water or wrap loosely in foil and reheat in the oven at 200C/400F/gas mark 6 for 15-20 minutes.
4. To make the asparagus hollandaise, cook the asparagus according to pack instructions.
5. Warm the fresh hollandaise sauce and add the chopped fresh tarragon and lemon juice.
6. Wrap 2 asparagus spears in each pancake and spoon a little sauce over each.
Prep time: 30 minutes